Social networks have slowly but surely become the main channel of communication among people around the world. For this reason, they became interesting for advertising, promotion of businesses and brands. On the other hand, for all those involved in designing and setting up advertising campaigns, social networks are a constant challenge. Changes in the algorithm, trends in search, the introduction of new content. These are just some of the factors that influence the constant need to reexamine and adjust our strategy to new circumstances. For this very reason, the use of social networks statistics is very important. It allows us to plan ahead and to anticipate some changes in order to avoid negative consequences for our campaigns.
- According to the latest data, 3.2 billion people are active users of social networks, and even 4.2 billion have an open account on one of the social networks. These figures say that the market that is present on social networks is enormous and that there are certainly your future clients.
- Every second 11 new users are registered on one of the social networks, which means 86,400 new potential clients at a daily level.
- Social networks have become an integral part of our lives. People spend 2 hours and 22 minutes on social networks during the day. Enough time to attract the attention of potential clients.
- Facebook is still the market leader; Facebook holds the primacy of 2.32 billion registered users. The only two more visited websites are YouTube on the second and of course Google in the first place.
- If you manage a global brand, look East. Farther east – to Asia. As of 2019, almost half of all Internet users are in Asia. Half! That’s a huge market. And, in the Asian market, Facebook mobile and Instagram mobile are the most popular apps within Asia.
- In recent years, the main star of marketing on social networks is Instagram Stories, which have seen a huge increase over the last two years, from 150 million to 500 million (January 2019)
- Two-thirds of people in marketing said they would spend most of their budget for the 2019 year on Instagram. It’s even 6 times higher than the second-rated YouTube with 11%.
- More than 500 million people are active on Instagram daily.
- Recent studies have shown that it is twice as likely that people between the ages of 55-64 interact with you on social networks, then whether they are under the age of 25.
- Do not neglect Twitter. $ 575 million Twitter’s revenue came from ads during the first quarter of 2018.
- In 2019, young adults are yielding users of social media. The biggest age group on social media is the 18- to 29-year-old set. And, of these users, a reported 88% connect to social media every day. Make sure you’re producing content that resonates with them.
- Social networks are a channel accessible to everyone regardless of the size of your business and budget. 81% of small businesses are somehow represented in advertising on social networks.
- Many social media marketers neglect the potential of Pinterest. From a global standpoint, this is the fastest-growing social platform. 80+ percent of new Pinterest users live outside the U.S.
- It’s a threefold chance that those who have not yet been your clients will visit your ad on social networks, but those who have already been your customers.
- Consumers rely heavily on the opinion and recommendation of influencers on the Web. More than 50% of people said that they decided based on the opinion of influencers. People associate with influencers and, more importantly, trust them.
- Your social networking needs to be optimized for mobile devices. 91% of social network users access their social media accounts over the smartphone.
- About 54% of users decide about your product or service on the basis of social network impressions. Positive or negative comments or recommendations are what will affect whether they will make a conversion.
- Recent studies have shown that as many as 71% of social network users recommend you to your friends or give a positive rating if they have had a good experience. So make sure you have happy and satisfied customers, and in return, you will get a great free ad.
- Make the most of your conversion options on your orders and maximize security in cash transactions when shopping with you. 49% of respondents indicated this as the most important factor for them.
We have selected some of the most interesting data for us. We hope that you will be able to use some data to optimize your campaigns in the best possible way and increase the results of your business.